Wednesday 19 October 2011

A minute with: Shah Rukh Khan

A minute with: Shah Rukh KhanIt looks like Shah Rukh Khan the needs of any super powers to promote his home production "Ra.One".

Khan, 45, was on a holiday promotion, tying him with almost all major brands for the release of movies and games around the superhero movie.
The actor spoke to Reuters about "Ra.One" and the marketing strategy of the film.
Q: You've promoted a lot of film on digital platforms. How important is the digital platform today?
A: .. "I think this is important because as a producer, became the most profitable international market While physics is also due to have press conferences, to me is a good mix addition, each partner has a digital marketing strategy" onground "great. So it's very symbiotic. We can create a new space for entertainment and business."
Q: The marketing of "Ra.One" do not follow a set pattern. You have created a significant buzz around the film almost a year ago.Can you talk through the strategy?
A: ... "I had a very clear how we will market the first was clear that we will not have many pictures of the movie I do not want it to be crowded, I did not want to be a hero and the heroine and her son. It's a film superheroes and we had to introduce this. Like it or not, my thought is if you hold anything against marketing people for a long time, usually a. So it was this great fear - when I saw my destiny and blue eyes, considerations will be loved little as you do not believe that making the film, but when it comes out, people say, "You know what, in dadhee (beard) does not work at all. "
"It happened with" Chak De ". The first time I came to television in the promotion, I received a message saying" aur aap lagte ugly behuda Hain. Ye Hai failure of the movie "(you're ugly. This film is a failure) ... But if you live in time, you accept, I mean that you have lived with me long enough and people m agreement so I'm fine with that so I told him that the application must be launched for the first time .. - people say it's blue, it's quite small, x, y, z, but s' used to it. "
"We started in December and the first picture was on every newspaper and was the head of the mast. Must be in his face and was so big that if you had to love, he saw all details and if he does not like, you've seen all the details so we can live with it for a month, we have remained silent after that, we have not talked much about -. film. there was not much to talk about, we kept silent, in February, because we have worked what to do and where to put this movie because it's a family movie. When we started this film, the idea was to do a movie-ish Aziz Mirza, husband, wife and child and suddenly blow everyone's mind when they start fight, but the film should be very simple Basu Chatterjee, Hrishikesh Mukherjee kind of film so we had two movies in one -.. people who like the action, and those who love him as a family movie will love it too. And I always make home movies. "
"In March, he decided to enter into an alliance with ESPN Star, which is an association for a long time, until December. Fortunately for us, India and Pakistan in the semifinals of the past, so that advertising has skyrocketed in the right time and got a lucky break. But I wanted it to be on the lines that look younger athletes, like football and cricket. We started there, because to talk about it between the two "Balika Vadhu" there can be struck a chord. Of course, we are now. in the stage of "Balika Vadhu" Now we are everywhere (laughs) Every time that women are here -. which is the last phase.
"And the third part was the song with the second image -. The girl - that's the dough a little later, so you can learn the language of the film and is a family of the latter. Do what the world The game is digital ... As in, talking about Sony. We decided to merchandising. "
"I really do not want to do interviews for this film. Do you know why because I do not mean this movie has a hero or a heroine. I mean, this movie is good or a Happy Meal. If you like McDonaldsYou will see "Ra. One 'there or if you open a Coca-Cola, you will see "Ra.One" there.
"This is the type of association you want. Instead of going to four press conferences and that it is a boy, a girl, there is a child. There is a villain who leaves the TV and not a good guy who just defeated him. The good wins. And there Chammak Challo. "The film is over. I have enough movies to know that that's all you need to know in this film. I do not want to do any interviews. Kareena told to do. I told all the regular 3s pages and talk about their role and give your photos and say how good "Chammak Challo is beautiful and how you look and all that."
"And my last strategy is that I do not know what the bad guy looks like. You see in the film. The movie is called" Ra.One "but nobody knows what that looks like a Ra. Last week, before the release of films, we will let everyone know how it looks.'s not going to shake the earth, but all areas were found to be off like a puzzle. "
Q: Is there a fear that there would be an overdose of the film and the brand?
A: ... "I do not know if that happens I do not think you do not like something, it is in the face The reason we have not done regular advertising is that he does not become the same kind of publicity the last step is to visit the city - I go to each house, a small city that normally do not go talk to the press there, I want to explain this movie is a new idea, a new concept -. and may fall flat, I would say that in her heart is a very simple movie "..
Q: You have worked very hard, obviously, in this film. What is at stake here?
A: "I really I have little to show that it can easily fall into a comfort zone, make two films a year, beating them, because I signed as a star, that cheap and will be a great success .. I did that for 20 years and I like to do now. I want to make a short film will be a superhit the day it releases. In all this, many days I feel, especially when they hurt, and I think - when I arrived in Delhi, which Ibecame a star when I think about it, of course, I was fortunate to have great directors and good breaks, but all that was the physical part. But what made me a star that could have an opportunity and not have to worry about nothing in terms of losing. "
"I used to be afraid" Will it be a hit Is it a good setup? "-. And it bothers me so afraid that when I had nothing, I was not afraid of anything and when. I all, I am what my son told me a" fear-poo. "So I do not want that. I want to be in a place where you take a chance. It is not money or technology or new. All this and much more. Yes, I'm overwhelmed, I'm impatient, but I'm not scared. I know if I can take a chance that it is not necessary. C is the beauty of this film.
"I want to be in a space where you can meet in 2012, when someone asks me" when was the last time you did something for the first time? I can say 'come on, three months ago. "It's been a while since I did something for the first time, I want to do and return to romantic girls."
Q: You said you want to know what young people think of this film.Many studies are aimed at young people making films aimed at a public university in progress. What do you think of this?
A: ... "I think that's it, sorry, I can be a bad outdated and meaningless - I'll find out, I'm listening to my own director called" young Banate film hai "(let's make a youth film) You can not keep doing" American Pie ". What are we doing to the youth to be? Stupid? smart? These are the guys who came to Anna Hazare and a kind of sensitivity. They can not understand the whole fight against corruption, but they understand what is good for the nation. We are stupid to think that all you want lemon ice cream. Let's make a movie where everyone wears jeans and a disco. I think it's completely stupid. They only work if they are good films,but the reason is not because they are "young, goofy" movies. "
"I was young and did not think I should go and stupid movies. Young people are the most demanding audiences. They want entertainment, they want questions. Therefore '3 idiots' was a great success. Is n 't have young players with respect. Not everyone wants to be an engineer. There were no young people around the jump, but it worked. Young people want more than a bag of popcorn. "
"Zindagi Na Dobara Milega were young men who are having problems. Yes, travel, they say funny things, but seriously. You know, someone told me the other day, why a Hindi film hero escape a cow? Because that's what they do in the film. But it is a concept of 70 years. But today's youth can not find it funny. In the old movies, we say that a hero has to escape from a cow. Not at all. "
Q: As someone who puts a lot of thought into the marketing of his films, which is the only thing to live by when marketing movies?
A: "There are two things one, you should tell people before spending 300 rupees that the film is about so my guilt is more than what you said it was my movie trailers are not hiding ....behind my style. Many times my directors say, let's get people with trailers. No, I think you should tell the story. When you buy a sari, you can choose to touch the fabric and try it. Why a film to be different? If you do not like later, I'm sorry but I told him before.
"And the second part of the marketing should inform those who do not want to see the movie to see the movie. I feel really stupid that I have to sell my movie for you, when you're already going to see. You have come to a regular public see the movie. So the boys who love superhero is coming. I must say that the film's grandmother has a Ra.One "and please come to see. The tongue is a little different, but I explained. So please come and see her grandchildren. I do not want to sell the film to those already sold.
"The traditional platforms will always be there, but the non-traditional to appeal to those who do not want to see. If there are ten people in this country who hate Shah Rukh Khan, I want ten people to come and watch - while increasing my base"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...